Thursday, June 19, 2014

Indie3 was a blast!






I watched the team spin their camera around for the "closing ceremony", and it astonished me that an international event that sprung up over the course of a couple weeks, showing off hundreds of new games, inspiring and connecting countless developers, and having upwards of 800 viewers for almost four days straight was actually all put together in someone's cluttered apartment; the front door was just a few feet away from the kitchen, and anyone who wasn't on the air was getting a few minutes of precious sleep on the couch not far away. When I saw what a spectacular effort was put forth by this hardy bunch of passionate people, I felt my stomach churn much in the same way it does when I smell a a nice scent from my childhood I hadn't encountered for years, or when I hear the crescendo of Janelle Monae's Archandroid Suite ii. Call it sappy, but damn, it feels good to be alive in those moments.


I hope they do this again next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment